Friday, November 17, 2006

One Man Dies in Gatineau House Fire

Gatineau firefighters found a man dead on a burning couch inside a home in Gatineau, QC, Thursday night.

Firefighters were called shortly before midnight to a triplex on Rue St-Jean-Bosco in the city's Hull sector.

Firefighters found the man's body on a burning couch inside the home. Burning couches produce massive amounts of smoke, and the man likely died of smoke inhalation.

There was almost no fire damage to the rest of the house.

Investigators found a cigarette and an open lighter on the couch, and they believe the man who died likely started the fire by accident.


Post a Comment

<< Home